Troparion (Special Melody)
- Christ is risen from the dead,
- trampling down death by death,
- and upon those in the tombs bestowing life!
- Before the dawn,
- Mary and the women came and found the stone
- rolled away from the tomb.
- They heard the angelic voice:
- “Why do you seek among the dead as a man the One who is everlasting light?
- Behold the clothes in the grave!
- Go and proclaim to the world: The Lord is risen!
- He has slain death, as He is the Son of God,
- saving the race of men.”
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Thou didst decend into the tomb, O Immortal,
- Thou didst destory the power of death!
- In victory didst Thou arise, O Christ God,
- proclaiming “Rejoice” to the myrrhbearing women,
- granting peace to Thy apostles,
- and bestowing resurrection to the fallen.
Paschal hymn to the Theotokos:
- The angel cried to the Lady Full of Grace: Rejoice, O Pure Virgin!
- Again I say: Rejoice! Your Son is risen from His three days in the tomb!
- With Himself He has raised all the dead! Rejoice, all you people!
- Shine! Shine! O New Jerusalem!
- The Glory of the Lord has shone on you!
- Exalt now and be glad, O Zion!
- Be radiant, O Pure Theotokos, in the Resurrection of your Son!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.